Laboratory Medicine and Pathology supports physicians throughout our primary communities and surrounding counties by performing testing services for diagnostic and therapeutic evaluations. More than 75,000 laboratory tests are performed in your community hospital annually. The laboratory teams consist of highly experienced medical technologists, medical technicians, phlebotomist, and a physician medical director.
Laboratory tests available at or through Irwin County Hospital include:
- Complete Chemistry Profile
- Culture (blood, stool, throat, urine, wound)
- Pylori Breath Test
- HCG qualitative/quantitative, Glucose
- Hemoglobin, Lactic Acid, Calcium
- Drug/Alcohol testing, Crossmatch
- CBCs, PSA, CKMB, CPK, ASO, RSV,
- PKU, TSH, CRP-HS, CREA, C-Diff PTT
- Rotavirus, Rhogam, Potassium
- Cardiac BNP, Magnesium, Bilirubin
- Creatinine, Urinalysis, Coagulation
- Total Protein, Triglyceride, Strep
- Uric Acid, Vitamin B-12 & D, Hematocrit
- Cholesterol, Influenza, MRSA, RPR
- Hematology, Chemistry, Immunology
This is not a complete list, please contact the Lab for more details.
We also obtain and send out to our reference labs Labcorp and Quest.
Irwin County’s Laboratory services are available at the main hospital with convenient appointment scheduling and walk-ins are accepted. Most laboratory services require a physician/provider referral.